Heart Stream Eurythmy is an invitation to be enlivened and nourished through the arts, to bring soul and body into movement with the rhythms and sounds of the spoken word and music. Courses are open to everyone wanting to bring their relationship to spirit, healing and their personal inner path into movement. A movement radiating from the heart, out of love of the spirit, each other, and art.
In this 4- course series of 90-minute workshops, participants will:
- Experience the universal concepts of Expansion & Contraction, Compassion, Active listening and the relationship to oneself and others through movement
- Work with others using copper rods in conjunction with the movement of sacred forms
- Participate in concentration exercises that support healthy overall coordination
- Encounter exercises of movement to the poems and classical music in a group dynamic
- Learn an ancient Greek dance to support peace and harmony of mind, body and spirit
- Experience joy, camaraderie and support through the art of movement with others!
Please note: All exercises are gentle movements and this workshop is considered suitable for all ages and comfort levels. Workshops vary from 60-90 minutes dependent on the needs of the Organization.
What is Eurythmy?
The word eurythmy comes from the Greek and means beautiful or harmonious movement. It is an expressive art form, also called visible song and visible speech. It is truly the new art form for today. An art form for transformation and healing in every sense of the word. The expression of the invisible aspects of audible and visible arts really has as its horizon the human being’s ability to perceive it, and to transform the physical body into an instrument able to move in tune with life force and soul.
Its aim is to be the poem, the song, the mood, so that it becomes present in our midst. Eurythmy is an artistic movement discipline that uses body, soul and spirit. It does this through a practice of gestures that correspond to sounds of speech and musical tones. These gestures are woven together into choreography. Eurythmy works with the principle that speech and tone are part of the movement-patterns necessary for life.